Welcome to episode 33 of The Grace Cafe Podcast! After about a six week hiatus, we’re back. October saw a lot of traveling for us and a few projects around the house that kept us from the microphones. In this episode we talk about one of our trips to Lubbock Texas for the God Without Religion conference with Andrew Farley. What an encouraging time!
This episode is all about our identity in Jesus. I entitled it Who Are You? because Susan and I talk about the assumptions and beliefs we tend not to question that keep us from knowing who we truly are in Jesus. Here’s a short list of subjects we take on:
- Thinking a good Sunday message means we should feel bad or convicted of something when it’s over.
- Striving to draw nearer to God when we’re already as near to him as possible.
- The false notion of progressive sanctification vs. positional holiness.
- Theological eggheads and turning the love of God into a doctrine to be mastered.
- Misunderstanding Jesus’ references to salt and light.
- Conformity to other’s expectations of you.
- Headship, submission, authority, and roles.
- The pitfalls of a patriarchal marriage and the harmful expectations it produces.
We would love to hear from you! There is a contact form on our website if you would like to reach out to us.