Welcome to episode 56 of The Grace Cafe Podcast. Our freeform conversation in this episode goes all over the place. We just grabbed the mics and started talking. Here’s a few of the topics that came up as we talked:
- We’ve been made obedient from the heart.
- Did Paul preach law and gospel?
- The Law increases law-breaking.
- God did for us what the law couldn’t do.
- Were non-Jews ever under the Law? Is anyone under the law today?
- Does the new heart mean you can now keep the law?
- Is Jesus a new lawgiver with a new law?
- In Adam, all die. In Christ, we’re made alive.
- Faith expresses itself in love.
- Thomas Aquinas’ view of women typifies so much of church history.
Here’s the links to the 2 books we talk about in this episode:
- A Church Building Every 1/2 Mile: What Makes American Christianity Tick?
- No Will Of My Own: How Patriarchy Smothers Female Dignity & Personhood
We also give a shoutout to Mike’s new podcast, The UnSunday Show. The UnSunday Show is up and running and is a podcast where Mike explores in more detail, our journey out of institutional religion. Visit The UnSunday Show and subscribe in Apple Podcasts or in your favorite podcast app.
A personal note: with summer upon us, we may be unable to drop new episodes every week as we do now. But we’re still here and will drop new episodes at every opportunity. Tell a friend about us!