Welcome to episode 95 of the Grace Cafe Podcast. After a four month hiatus, we’re back! We thought we would pick back up by talking about how the way we view our journey out of performance-based faith continues to change, as our understanding of who we are in Jesus becomes more clear. Knowing who you are in Jesus can’t be overstated! It’s our security during times of change when life around us seems out of control. Our identity in Jesus never changes because he never changes.
We don’t rehearse the details of our story again in this episode. Those details are woven throughout this podcast in different episodes and in blog posts on the Grace Cafe Journal. We reference several of those resources in this episode and the links are below for your convenience.
Previous Podcast Episodes Related to our Story:
- 03 – Paul, Timothy, and Women in the Church
- 05 – Out of My Chains and Into Your Mercy
- 35 – The Increased Frequency of Spiritual Abuse
- 37 – Our Journey Out Of Institutional Religion
- 46 – Humility, Jesus, & Top-Down Authority in the Church
- 47 – A Conversation About Spiritual Abuse
- 48 – The Intentional Brutality of Spiritual Abuse
- 49 – Recovering From Spiritual Abuse
- 52 – Rethinking Formal Church Membership
- 68 – Does God Require Progress?
- 70 – Depression and Suicide
Previous Blog Posts Related to our Story:
- Rethinking Religion (6-part series)
- Out of My Chains and Into Your Mercy
- Church, Ativan, and Gospel Misfits
- My Valentine’s Day Performance Massacre
- When Grace Shows Up
- Bruised Jars of Clay